You are starting a new adventure into the world of heart health. For the next 90 days, we will help you to understand how the heart works, how to tell the difference between myths and facts about heart health, and how to create a heart-healthy lifestyle.
- Week 1-4: Myths vs. Facts – Journey to a Healthy Heart
- Week 5-8: True or False – Roadmap towards a Healthy Heart
- Week 9-12: Sustainability – Techniques for Life
What happens with the 90 – Day Challenge?
- Three health screens with a Medical Doctor who will talk to you about your health and risks for heart disease and other health problems.
- Received daily personalized messages that are designed to educate, inform and motivate you to make small and large, sustainable changes for a heart-healthy lifestyle.
- Participate in 3 online Behavioral Health Assessments to help personalize your results.
Our goal is that at the end of the 90 days, you will have incorporated new habits into your health and lifestyle routine that positively impact your overall well-being and health.
Health Risks for Our Youth
Young people in Ghana are at an increased risk for heart disease. We know this because we examined a group of young people in Accra and found high blood pressure numbers among youth and working professionals. We also know that childhood malaria, lack of physical activity, processed foods, and emotional stress have increased the risk of heart and kidney-related issues for people in their twenties.